Sunday, April 26, 2009

April 26, 2009

It has been a while since our last entry. - Dominick

New pictures added to Picasa. . . .


Dominick is freaked because I'm trying to make him write.
A lot has happened lately. Kimberly and Mary both had concerts for school, we went to the temple, plus it has been forever since the last post.

Kimberly's concert was a underwater, swimming, fishing, something like that theme. She loved it because she got to wear a swimsuit, lava lava, and a floaty. Of course it had to be in the middle of a snow storm so she had to wear her snow boots and then change into flip flops. I just love WY's crazy weather.

Mary's was a bit more WY'ing it was a western theme. Unfortunately we are not a western family so she did not have a cowboy hat, boots, or anything like that. But she dressed up in her favorite dress and added an old pink bandanna that Ammon gave the girls before his mission. It was fun to watch how excited she was to play her recorder, the xylophone, and to dance the Virginia Reel. At the end of the dance she got to bring Nick up because every child picked a parent to dance with. I have to admit that Nick and Mary did well. He was one of the few adults that knew how to dance, all those classes at Rick's must have paid off.

This weekend our ward had a temple trip. We drove to Provo, UT Friday and visited Elder Haydon, one of Nick's companions (Nick was his trainer) from NZ. They are a great family. Both of them are from Australia so I got a crash course in Auzzy speak when Amy had to use the "loo". After that we spent the night with some friends in Eagle Mountain, UT which is in the middle of nowhere past Lehi. It is a beautiful valley and we had great fun visiting.

Then on Saturday it was off to Ogden, UT to the temple. Our ward does this great thing were the whole family is involved. The youth had 10:30 baptisms, and there was a 11:00 session scheduled for the adults. Some older couples agreed to go through the night before so that they could watch the primary kids on Saturday. This is great for those of us with young kids who would never be able to travel that distance and attend without babysitting being provided. They were a little short handed on this trip so Nick stayed and helped with the kids while I went to the temple. After everyone was done we all met at a park for a KFC feast. It is really nice.

What is not so nice is the 5 hour drive back home with early church the next morning. Throw tired grouchy kids into the mix and you have a nightmare.

Somehow we survived the nightmare and made it to church on time. Amy gave her first primary talk today. She spoke up loud and clear right into the mic, and the other kids winced and said "man that is loud". She was so proud to be a big girl and talk just like her sisters.

Emily recently had a birthday and is now 6yrs. old. Man does time fly it seems like only yesterday she was the baby I locked in Rosa's apt. when we were moving to Lakewood. Dorothy saved her by jimmying the lock with a rubber spatula. Man I felt horrible, oh well no lasting trauma....to her. Now she's my social butterfly. I swear she is just a teenager in miniature with PMS and everything. It drives Nick crazy.

Brink is just a boy. I don't know what else to say he is like nothing I have ever had before. He climbs everything. He throws everything. He loves cars and can turn any object into a gun by pointing it at you and saying "Shoo Shoo". And anything longer than a pencil becomes a sword with which his sisters must be hit upon the head. And did I mention he eats. He eats non-stop, probably as much as Amy and Emily put together. When He isn't eating he is yelling and pointing at the fridge because he wants more food. Crazy, none of my girls did this. He did say "Uh-Oh" the other day and actually use it in context so I guess talking will start soon. He is loud enough without words. I wonder if it will get better when he can express himself or if he will just yell louder. Only time will tell.

Well that is enough from me. I did not want to write because the moment I did this would become my blog and my job. Besides which my spelling is awful, so I spent as much time correcting with spell check as I do writing. Nick started it and I want him to continue to contribute, but nothing had been written in so long. Now that we actually have internet at the house we'll see what happens. Any away this is my first post, catch ya later.

Celeste

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.