Thursday, April 30, 2009

The winners...
Mary ran the mile yesterday and beat all the other 4th grade girls. Now we can call her speedy. Kimberly had a reading contest in her class and she was able to read and test in AR on the most books before the time limit expired. Her reward a class party, so I am in the middle of making cookies.

Amy is suppose to share her favorite letter at preschool graduation. So, in preparation I asked what it was. She answered, "A". I asked why. And she said "No, not Y, A!" Life must be so confusing to a 3yr old. We finally determined that A received the favored status because it starts her name.

When did Emily get so big? I found her yesterday snuggled up with Brink in the rocking chair, reading. Now I knew she could read, but she always seems to struggle just a little bit when we read together. Not this time. She was breezing through that library book like a pro. Brink loved it and so did I.

No Toys Please
Can you remember a time when everything was fascinating? Today Brink entertained himself with a paperclip. He talked to it, he sang to it, he carried it around the house, it was his best friend until he found the blanket. Oh the fun you can have with a blanket. You can hide under it, you can roll around with it, you can play peek-a-boo...but best of all you can cover you head like a ghost and walk into walls. I'm telling you hours of entertainment. Who needs toys!

1 comment:

  1. I love that story about Brink! And those girls are getting so big, can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.