Wednesday, May 13, 2009
To eat or not to eat?
Are kids taste buds hard wired to their ears? When I first served spaghetti squash one of my little ones said "GROSS" and no one has touched it since. Nick and I enjoy it so why waste it on the kids. I always just fixed them another veggie instead. Last night I not sure why Emily decided to try it. "This is GREAT" was the reply and now they are all convinced that they love it. Mary held out the longest and wouldn't taste it until 3/4 of the way through dinner, but she ate the most (4 servings). All it took was a good word on behalf of the squash form another kid of course...no adults please. If only I could be sure their tastes won't change over night. It seems like I am always making something that I am sure is a favorite just to find out they don't like it anymore. Maybe I need to make a survey for them to fill out each morning a breakfast.... "My Favorites for Today Are"....but who's to say it won't change by dinner. Oh well it keeps life interesting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Micah decided he would only eat Hidden Valley Ranch dressing. Since all the kids look up to Micah, now we have a pantry full of Kraft, Wishbone, and other brands of Ranch that NO ONE will eat (even I prefer Hidden Valley, but I don't tell the kids that). Spaghetti squash? Hmm...
ReplyDelete